Campus placement programme which is organized by ICAI will be held in August- September 2018. Registration for campus placement for newly qualified chartered accountants will start from 24th July 2018. Hence, all the students who appeared in May 2018 exams must note these important dates.
Important Dates & Eligibility for Registration to Campus Placement Programme Aug - Sept 2018
Category I: Registration for May 2018 pass out candidates starts from 24th July 2018. Category II: Registration for May 2017 and November 2017 students who could not appear for campus placement: 1st July 2018. The last date for registration for both the categories will be 2nd August 2018.
What is the Campus Placement Process?
- Registration: Eligible candidates can register online on https://cmib.icai.org/. Refer the announcement for guidelines on registration procedure.
- Payment of Fees: You will have to pay a registration fee of Rs.500.
- Orientation Programme: Orientation Programme is compulsory for participation in Campus Placement Programme. Moreover, in the orientation programme candidates gain a first-hand experience, which helps them to face the questions of the interviewing teams in a better manner.
- Selection of Placement Centre: Every candidate has the option to choose the placement centre of their choice. There are two categories of centres, first being bigger centre (Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Pune) and then in the second choice, he should select the smaller centre (Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Durgapur, Ernakulam, Indore, Kanpur & Thane).Centre once selected cannot be changed so choose wisely.
- First Round: In the first round of campus placement, companies will shortlist candidates online. The criteria for shortlisting is determined by the participating organizations themselves and ICAI does not intervene in the selection process.
- Consent of Candidate: The candidates will be notified if he gets shortlisted by any company. After the first round of shortlisting by companies, candidates would mark their consent online.
- Second Round: In case the recruiting entity has not received enough number of consents from the candidates after the first round of shortlisting it may opt for a second round of shortlisting.
- Placement: On successfully clearing the interview you will be communicated date of joining.
In the event of not joining the company after signing the Declaration Form provided by ICAI, candidates have to pay a Commitment Charges of Rs. 5,000.
What is the eligibility criteria for Campus Placement Programme August-September, 2018?
Candidates who have cleared May 2018 exams and will be completing their articleship by 31st October 2018.
Candidates of May 2017 and November 2017 or whose CA Final results were declared in revaluation/re-verification after 28th February 2018. Such candidates must not have applied for earlier campus placement programme.
Candidates below 21 years of age are required to seek special permission through email at [email protected] for attending Campus Interviews.
Hence, all the eligible candidates are hereby advised to visit https://cmib.icai.org/ and register themeselves for the placement programme. Further, if you have any questions regarding campus placement procedures you can refer to the FAQ section of the placement portal.