After a lot of speculations and rumors going on social media, the ICAI has finally come out with a notification to settle all the ambiguity. Due to COVID 19 pandemic, first May 2020 exams were postponed to July 2020 and now ICAI has come to the relief of affected students.
As per the notification, now you can opt-out from appearing for May 2020 attempt. The notifications state that the decision was taken considering the opinions and requests of students.
Why Was This Scheme Introduced?
- There are COVID 19 related concerns like social distancing, sanitization, etc.
- It could be possible that a student would be residing in a Corona containment zone.
- There could be difficulty in finding transportation facilities to reach the exam center.
- A student might lose his exemption if he could not appear for exams.
How to Apply for Opt-Out Scheme?
- Submit a declaration online available at https://icaiexam.icai.org from 17th June 2020 (Wednesday) 11 AM Onwards to 20th June 2020 (Saturday) 11.59 PM.
- On submitting the declaration, candidature of the student for May 2020 Examination Cycle will be cancelled and he/she will be shifted to next Examination Cycle.
- Kindly note that once option for “Opt out” is taken, it will be treated as final. No request for its change will be entertained under any circumstances.
Important FAQs About the Opt-Out Facility
What if I don’t want to opt-out of the May 2020 exams?
In case you decide that you want to appear for May 2020 exams to be held in July 2020, the ICAI is still committed to holding the exams. The ICAI will make all the necessary arrangements keeping COVID 19 related precautions in considerations.
However, the situation of the pandemic will be reviewed (COVID cases, MHA guidelines, Centre and State Government directions) in the first week of July 2020 and status will be intimated to students who have not opted out.
If I opt-out, will this attempt be counted?
No, this attempt will not be counted and will be treated as cancelled.
What about the fees I have already paid?
Your examination fees will be adjusted and differential fees, if any, will only be charged (In case he/she has filled the form for May 2020 exams for one group only and in November 2020 exams cycle, he/she opts to appear in both groups, then, he/she will be required to pay the differential fees).
Can I carry forward my exemption if I opt-out from May 2020?
Yes. No need to worry. Your exemption is safe and can be carried forward to November 2020 attempt.
Do I need to apply again for November 2020 exams?
The student will be required to apply afresh for November 2020 Examination cycle at the relevant time.
Can I still apply for a change of the examination centre?
Furthermore, for Students seeking change of examination centre for the exams commencing from 29th July, 2020, the online facility for seeking change of examination centre (for the students who have already submitted online examination application for May 2020 Examination cycle) will be available at http://icaiexam.icai.org from 17th June 2020 (Wednesday) 11 AM onwards to 20th June 2020 (Saturday) 11.59 PM.
Will the last attempt of IPCC be extended to November 2020?
Intermediate (Integrated Professional Course) [IPCE-Old Course] will be extended for one more attempt i.e. November 2020 Examination cycle.